Monday, February 11, 2008

8th-11th Feb Half-Term Break pt I

Cycling through pines, Coal Tits, Goldcrests, Robins calling and the odd flock of Siskins, yes its another visit to Centre Parcs Elveden Forest at Thetford.

Previous visits have had Crossbills round the Village centre, but no such luck this time. There were Goosanders (2m4f), c30 Barnacle Geese (freely flying, but I assume Feral), Pochard, Tufted Duck, Marsh Tit, calling Tawny Owl, and on Sat 9th my first Brimstone Butterfly of the year.

Oh and an Eagle Owl so close I could touch it. In fact I did touch it. And a Peregrine/Lanner hybrid and a Harris Hawk on my arm. All expertly demonstrated by this man who I assume is not responsible for the captions.

No comments:

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...