Sunday, July 08, 2007

SAL

Stansted Airport Lagoons is our local oasis in the desert that is East Hertfordshire. It’s been coming into its own recently with a few passage waders, and Butterflies and Odonata beginning to appear in numbers. A locally scarce Moth was found yesterday, so I was quite sure when I arrived this morning of finding a few others around but it wasn’t to be, unless my inability to see wildlife right in front of me has now extended to people.

Here’s the list (accuracy and completeness not guaranteed). Coot, Moorhen, Little Grebe, Mallard, Tufted Duck, Swallow, House Martin, Sand Martin, Swift, Grey Wagtail, Linnet, Goldfinch, Goldfinch, Bullfinch, Yellowhammer, Reed Bunting, Blackcap, Whitethroat, Lesser Whitethroat, Cormorant 5, Grey Wagtail, Blue Tit, Wren (family party). Meadow Brown, Gatekeeper, Small Skipper, a smashing Comma. Three Odonates.





No comments:

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...