Monday, October 30, 2006

Weymouth Sat 28th


I stopped at Ferrybridge for lunch under a leaden sky. There were 3 med gulls amongst c20 BH gulls, and a few hundred dark-bellied brent geese. c30 Ringed Plover and a solitary Little Egret.

Later I toured Radipole where high water levels produced a characteristically dull list. A Bearded Reedling by the centre, a few Cetti's warblers, herons, c20 Great-Crested Grebe, 3 Little egrets in a tree and c20 Long-tailed tits. I finished off by the centre going through the gulls - 4 med gulls (2 ad, 1W, 2W) and 2 Blackwits, so some respectability was salvaged.

Here's some Brent Geese for no particular purpose.

No comments:

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...