Saturday, January 26, 2008

Unexpected.

Within two minutes of getting Steve's text I was parked up on Lower Sheering Road and scoping the field just the east side of the Railway line. Fortunately the bird was still there. By the time Mike arrived it had moved down with the other gulls to the currently very full flash at SLRS and we spent the next hour or so getting excellent views on the water and then as it flew around.

It was easy to pick out by its small size, more rounded wings and distinctive black W across the wings. Of all the birds I thought I might get here a 1st winter Little Gull hadn't even registered as a possibility.

No comments:

Lindisfarne and Musselburgh

Lindisfarne : Circumstance gave me a couple of days based in Edinburgh. Lindisfarne was just an hour and a half away. As a teenager I had a ...