Sunday, December 09, 2007

Hatfield Forest in the gloom

Hatfield Forest this morning. Took the 100-400 with the 1.4x to try and get some decent shots in the morning sunlight.

Little to report. I drove past flocks of finches on the way, but once at the forest birds were hard to come by. I went to the NW corner and eventually found a few birds. Apart form the usual woodland birds – Bullfinch, Nuthatch, GSW & GreenWood, the highlights were 11 Jays in total, and 3 Marsh Tits. Back to the lake for 2 GCG’s, 3 Teal, a few Pochard and Tufted Duck on the lake, and back to the car as the downpour set in.

Halfway round I realised that the reason I couldn’t seem to get a reasonable photo was the zoom extension was still locked from the previous trip, and I’d been taking pictures at 140mm. My punishment was the sun immediately disappearing so apologies for the photos from the gloom.









Tonight Mrs D is indignant. "How come Russell Brand has been introduced to the Queen and I haven't?"

No comments:

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...