Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hatfield Forest 17 June

A walk round with D#1,2. “Are we Lost?” “Are we nearly back at the Lake?” “How far have we walked?” etc. etc.

We got a few Speckled Wood Butterflies, a Large Skipper (I think), some Common Spotted Orchids, and some other bits and pieces. When walking through the Forest I feel like the Burglars who broke into a big house, stole the big pictures, but left behind a small picture by Kandinsky because they didn’t know what they were looking at. Heaven knows what I’ve walked straight past.

A few Marsh Tits – couldn’t say if they were a family party, a couple of separate Nuthatches, a male Bullfinch, both big peckers, and on the lake a couple of Common Terns and a couple of young Great-Crested Grebes.





No comments:

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...