Thursday, January 04, 2007

December Update

Regular readers (humour me) have noticed a lack of updates, so here goes.


A couple of Scaup were at the local airport lagoons, in mid December. I eventually succumbed to the lure of a local rarity so dashed off early one Saturday morning to see … nothing.


Then on the weekend before Xmas I returned to Hatfield Forest, this time with the senior Dipper children in tow. We saw Nuthatches, Redwings, Chaffinches, blah blah, and on the lake there were 5 Gadwall, a few Pochard, lots of BH Gulls and a Common Gull. Meanwhile apparently the Scaup have returned to the airport lagoons to taunt me.


1 comment:

Clive Nutton said...

You may have more regular readers than you think!

Always fun to drop by your blog.

Happy new year!

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...