Tuesday, December 22, 2020

In Tiers


This is my local park. It might seem a dull shot, but contains something quite exciting. We are in Tier 4. Full Lockdown. But the horizon, those trees, well, that is Tier 2. Freedom

I think I can make it there and back in day. In tier 4 I am permitted exercise, but once I'm over the border I could wander freely without restraint. I could even go into a pub for a substantial meal. 

The main issue is the border guards. Maybe I should take some high status goods; toilet roll, or dried pasta perhaps, in case I'm stopped.

4 comments:

Jane wembli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jonathan Lethbridge said...

Is this still true as of Wednesday afternoon?! Rapidly changing.

PS Good to see Jane wembli is fan of your blog too!

DorsetDipper said...

thanks Jono

I think Wed we are all one happy Tier 4. I'm not sure what this means - can I go into Essex for my exercise? Given my valley is now flooded I feel I can legitimately take my exercise elsewhere.

Birds of Indian Subcontinent said...

nice post

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...