Thursday, January 19, 2017

Local Little Egret

Little Egrets are the Collared Doves of my generation. A bird imprinted on our minds as a scarce sought-after rarity. so when one turned up in the stream at the bottom of my road I got the camera out.

The stream, complete with passing post van. 
The Egret. It was stirring up the bed with its foot, no doubt hoping to dislodge some prey. It has been seen to eat a couple of items of prey.
Its had enough and decides to go up the bank ...
... and wait for a bus.
No bus, so it flew into a nearby tree.


3 comments:

Steve Gale said...

DD, you should have invited it home for tea...

DorsetDipper said...

Steve - it seemed very unworried about the my taking photos. Who knows it might accept! Not sure what the three dogs would make of it though.

Steve Gale said...

Dinner, most probably!

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...